Indian Yellow Acrylic Paint - gaffrey art materialRegular price $6.00
Acrylic colors are made in small batches in our paint making facility. Justin’s paint studio is less than 15 feet away from our high speed dispersing machines. Putting each color to the test in his work. Our team is a group of artists whose collective feedback and preferences have culminated into each jar of paint. While we are just a small group of artists, we want your input to make our acrylics the best they can be!
Gaffrey has designed these paints with artist needs in mind. Paint is expensive and we sought out to figure out why. Turns out, you can make exceptional paint at a reasonable price without skimping on the quality. There are no fillers, opacifiers, dyes, or extenders in our paints. No artist should feel like they have to sacrifice their creative vision by breaking the bank or settling for student grade paints. We do all the hard work for you so you can get your ideas onto the canvas without frustration.
We are new to the paint making game and want to put some soul into art materials. So much is lost in mass production. We think art should be made for everyone. For the skeptics out there, our acrylics are designed to have the perfect play with existing acrylic mediums from other paint companies.
- Air dry in approximately 30 minutes (Results may vary due to temperature and humidity levels)
- Water resistant and water soluble
- Clean up with warm soapy water
- Dilute with no more than 10% water
- Archival quality
- Applies to most surfaces (Wood panel recommend when used with heavy texture acrylics)
Indian Yellow Acrylic Paint - gaffrey art material
- Pigment Classification Synthetic Organic
- Color Index Number Y 74, R 122
- Opacity/Transparency Semi-Transparent
- Pigment Description In the 1800s, cows were fed a strict diet of mango leaves to make their urine a dark orange color. They would dehydrate the urine and mill it into a pigment. In the modern version, our staff urinates in a bucket...just kidding. Our Indian yellow is a synthetic blend of hansa yellow and quinacridone magenta.